Using the 3D view efficiently
Viewing flights in 3D view is one of the most spectacular features in SeeYou.
Make sure you have the Terrain and Satellite imagery loaded for your area before you can understand why this is one of SeeYou's most spectacular features.
All you need to do is Open a flight and change the view to 3D through Edit > 3D view or by pressing the icon. Allow some time for the 3D view to build up.
Once you have the window that resembles the image above, you may use the mouse or keyboard to change the perspective. With these mouse gestures you may be the ultimate cameramen for you and your friends:
- Press the left mouse button and move the mouse - this will change perspective.
- Press the right mouse button and move the mouse up or down - this will zoom the viewing point in and out.
- Press both mouse buttons simultaneously and move the mouse left or right to change the animation speed.
If you prefer to use the keyboard over the mouse:
- Up/Down arrows - Zoom in/Zoom out
- Shift + Left/Right - Rotate the view horizontally
- Shift + Up/Down - Rotate the view vertically
- Ctrl + F7 will put you in and out of a view mode relative to the glider
- Ctrl + F12 will tell you all parameters about focus, camera position and orientation.