Preparing a competition task
You will prepare the competition tasks in SeeYou. There is a "simple" and an "advanced" way to setup the competition task in SeeYou Competition.
The simple way
- You know what task the pilots will fly.
- There is no need to plan for an alternative task on this day (Task B).
- You are using SeeYou Competition only on one computer.
The advanced way to setup the competition task
You will want to work this way if your setup has these ingredients:
- Task setter is not the same person as the scorer.
- Need to prepare Task A and Task B (and sometimes C) for each class on most of the days.
In this case you will want to do this:
- Give Task setting permissions to the Task Setter (Soaring Spot > Edit Competition > Permissions
- Task Setter goes to File > Open Competition on his computer and prepares tasks for all classes by opening Edit > Comopetition Waypoints & Tasks
- Task setter creates new tasks, adds deletes and renames tasks just like in normal SeeYou except the only waypoints that are available are the ones from the competition.
- Everything he does is stored and available to everyone else to see with the right permissions
- Scorer gets read-only permissions for Tasks. He can assign task to his class but can not change the designed task (until it's assigned to a competition day)
- Once the task for the class is fixed, scorer can assign it to a given competition day through Edit > Assign Task functionality and publishes this to Soaring Spot
- At that moment the task becomes available to public,pilots and the devices which can read task information from Soaring Spot through the Soaring Spot API