How to update software on Flytec Track?
- Identifying the current software version
Flytecby Naviter will periodically issue firmware updates for the Element Track to improve its functionality and offer new features. It is important to upgrade to the latest firmware version. The current version of your software is indicated, when starting up your Element Track. If the vario is switched on, you can check your version as follows:
1. Press and hold MENU then use the arrow keys to navigate to factory settings. Press OK.
2. Use the arrows and choose serial number. Press OK.
3. What you see displayed is the first line of the firmware version, below is the serial number of your Elements (S/N) as well as an internal identifier.
Note: Your Element Track consumes battery power when in USB mode (see USB connection ). Do not leave it connected to your computer for an extended period of time or you will drain your battery.
Note: be sure you have fresh batteries before installing new firmware! If your Element Track runs out of battery power while it is updating its firmware, it may not work properly.
- Installing a firmware update
When you connect your Element Track to a computer it will appear as an external hard drive. On this drive you find the program "Element Update". Open the program and it will establish a connection with our server to search for new software. The program takes you automatically through the update process. A green tick appears for all completed steps. If there is no update available for your Element, the screen will show a green bar as depicted below.
- Installing a firmware update before software version 1.3.10
Learn how to transfer data via USB cable (see USB connection) between the Element Track and a computer. When you connect it to your computer it will appear as an external hard drive. Download the new firmware from the Element Track website, then connect your Element Track, and drag-and drop the UPG file into the folder named update.
- Switch off your Element Track.
- Connect the Element Track to your computer with the USB cable.
- Open the drive labelled ELEMENT on your computer.
- Open the folder named update.
- Drag-and-drop the UPG file from your desktop into the folder update.
- Click Eject or Disconnect Safely before disconnecting yourElement Track.
- Switch on yourElement Track.
- Confirm Update? by pressing OK.
Note: Always choose "Eject" on a Mac or "Disconnect Safely" on a PC before disconnecting your Element Track.
Your Element Track will read the new firmware and automatically update itself. Note that this could take a few minutes. The firmware file remains in the update folder after the update, but its ending changes from .upg to _pg. If you change the ending back to .upg, your Element Track will offer to install it again the next time you switch it on. If multiple files with the ending .upg exist in the update folder, the Element Track will automatically choose only the newest one.
When updating the software of your Element Track, you may get one of five error messages.
- Error 1: There is no update file. Go through the procedure above and try again.
- Error 2: The update file is corrupt. Go through the procedure above and try again.
- Error 3: There is more than one vaild update file. Check the contents of your update folder and ensure there is only one file ending in .upg
- Error 4: An error occurred in the Element Track’s sub-processor. Try again and if it keeps failing, contact Flytecby Naviter.
- Error 5: An error occurred in the Element Track’s main processor. Try again and if it keeps failing, contact Flytecby Naviter.