How do I connect my device through USB connection?
Your Element Track works like a USB stick - plug it into your PC or Mac and the drive ELEMENT appears on your computer.
- Switch off your Element Track.
- Connect the Element to your computer with the USB cable.
- Open the drive labelled ELEMENT on your computer.
- The below list of folders appears on your computer.
- Eject/safely remove the Element Track, before unplugging the USB cable
- config: Your configuration data is stored in this folder. You should normally not have to manipulate it.
- flights: This folder stores your IGC files, i.e. your recorded flights. You can drag and drop these files onto your computer and view them in your personal flight log.
- system: A log of your instrument's activities is kept on your Element Track. We might occasionally ask you to send us your log file for trouble shooting.
- updates: This is the folder in which update files are saved, if a software update is available (see Software updates ).
- waypoints: Stores your waypoint files.
Note: Your Element Track consumes battery power when in USB mode. Do not leave it connected to your computer for an extended period of time or you will drain your battery.
Note: Always choose "Eject" on a Mac or "Disconnect Safely" on a PC before disconnecting your Element Track.
Note: If you accidentally delete an IGC file from your Element Track while it's in USB mode, don't worry. You can recreate the file by manually exporting a flight (see chapter Manually exporting flights).